Everything you wanted to know about “Rhodium Plating” white metal jewelry (what, why, how, when & how much) 0
In this post, we fully explained what rhodium is, why rhodium-plating is popular with fine jewelry (and fine jewelry customers!) and provide more rhodium-related info than you’ll probably ever want to know. We even cover the drawbacks to rhodium-plating -- mainly the ongoing maintenance cost and effort-- to help our customers wanting white precious metal jewelry to make the best possible decision.
Please note that rhodium-plating for extra protection and shine comes standard on all fine sterling silver and white gold jewelry created by CubicZirconia.com. Replating white gold and sterling silver jewelry with new rhodium is a service we offer at a low cost.
If you prefer the softer, warm tones of white gold that has not been rhodium-plated, please contact us before purchase so that we can make that modification when you place your order.
- Admin CZ
- Tags: 10th anniversary gift ideas Anniversary Rings bracelets Bridal Sets care and cleaning cleaning Cubic Zirconia Jewelry CubicZirconia.com company news Engagement Rings jewelry making jewelry repair lifestyle questions Palladium Platinum precious metals repair Rhodium plating ring repair Rings Sterling Silver White Gold
Diamond Downgrade program gives you Cash For Your Diamond and a perfect CZ Replica replacement for your cherished jewelry 0
Journalists have known for decades what anyone who tries to do so finds out pretty quickly: it’s hard to sell a diamond for anywhere close to what you paid for it. But if you need cash and fast...what’s to do?
Enter CubicZirconia.com's "Diamond Downgrade" program, which allows you to keep your jewelry, just sell the diamond for fast cash at a fair price, have it replaced with our 5A/AAAAA cubic zirconia...and be assured that no one will ever know the difference.
- Danny Welsh
- Tags: antique cut asscher cut Bridal Sets Cash for Diamonds Cubic Zirconia Cubic Zirconia questions CubicZirconia.com company news cushion cut Diamond cartel Diamond Downgrade Diamond vs Cubic Zirconia Diamond-CZ challenge Earrings emerald cut Engagement Engagement Rings heart cut loose stones marquise cut married life octagon cut oval cut pear cut radiant cut Retail Jeweler stories ring repair Rings round cut saving money Sell Your Diamond services square cut triangle cut trillion cut
Three things that don't have a "wedding tax" and are actually getting cheaper 0Have you ever heard of the "wedding tax"? It basically means that once a service provider, venue, product seller or renter hears the word "wedding", they charge more. Much more.Almost every product and service provider does this...but here's three places where something for your wedding will actually be cheaper in 2018 than it was 5 years ago in 2013.
10 Great 10th Anniversary Gifts from Him to Her 2
Spring is springing! Or, if you’re not near the North Pole, it may have already sprung. We are approaching wedding season. You know what that means, don’t you? We are also approaching wedding anniversary season. Uh huh. Check your dates, Sir. Be careful you don’t miss an important one (in other words, don’t miss any of them). A tip? Your 10th anniversary is one you definitely do not want to overlook. You are going to need awesome 10th anniversary gift ideas.
Congratulations, by the way! At this milestone, you will probably have experienced some of life’s greatest joys - and its greatest hardships - together. This guide will help you choose a gift that speaks from the heart to celebrate your love, and to say you're glad you asked her.
A 10th anniversary jewelry gift can definitely speak her love language. You might prefer a loving, inspirational message, given with imagination at a romantic spot. It’s up to you. Be creative. We can help. Here are 10 great anniversary gifts ideas with a modern, personal twist.
Go Traditional: Aluminum or Tin
10th anniversary gifts are traditionally aluminum or tin. Sound hard to find? You will be delighted and amazed.
- Aluminum Wallet Insert. We love this one for its unique simplicity. It serves as a reminder of your love and commitment. Once in awhile, out of the blue, she will find it tucked in her wallet. It will make her think of you and she will smile. Write your own words, or choose a message, customized and hand-pressed into a piece of aluminum, the size of a credit card. Imagine presenting it as the gift card on a bouquet of her favorite flowers.
- Recycled, Re-purposed, Retro. If those are three of your favorite words as a couple, you can commission an artist to create something truly different. If your special memories together involve hitting the road for adventure, this tin/aluminum name plate fashioned from re-purposed license plates will look fantastic on your wall. Clever and creative.
- Popcorn? Popcorn bowl? This idea may not sound romantic, at first. Consider this: Maybe one of your first dates was a movie together. Her eyes were fixed on the screen. Your eyes were fixed on her. Mesmerized, you both slowly reached for the popcorn. Your hands touched. Electric. Now you love to watch movies together at home, alone or with the kids. Pair an aluminum popcorn bowl with a healthy aluminum popcorn maker. Subtle. Quality. Memorable. Poetic. She will think she married Shakespeare.
- Try the Gift of Art and Song. Does she love to be out in the garden? As she enjoys an icy cool drink on the deck after a long day out in the world, be at home in the peacefulness of your backyard retreat. Aluminum wind chimes add grace and serenity, in perfect pitch. This pair plays Amazing Grace. Look for other models that play perfect scales, to make beautiful music in the gentle wind. Not musical? If your yard is her retreat, honor your wife with garden accessories. An aluminum bird bath. A cute garden sculpture. What does she love? There are so many choices!
- A New Kitchen. Really? Why not? You’ve come this far. You can afford a few extras, right? Maybe you can go for a full kitchen makeover. If not, you can make a few stylish changes to brighten up the place where family gathers. Try adding hammered aluminum tiles as a back splash for a nice touch that says a cheerful “happy 10th anniversary” over morning coffee, for years to come.
Another Traditional Choice - 10th Anniversary Jewelry
Okay. So now you know there’s more to aluminum for a 10th anniversary gift than a can of her favorite soda (which can have a charm of its own, at this point in her life, if she doesn’t have to share). Let’s move on to some other great ideas.
How about that great old standby? What about a 10th anniversary gift of jewelry?
- An anniversary ring is a fantastic addition for her wedding set. Work with a master jeweler, and you can choose the top quality precious metal yourself. Maybe your original set would look great, contrasted with a different gold coloration. Ask your jeweler. They can help. These days, you can choose from several colors and types of metal.
- By the way, what about that original wedding set? Is it everything she dreamed of in an engagement ring? Maybe you’ve always wished you could have given her something more. Consider a new set for a 10th anniversary gift of jewelry. You can even reset her original ring with a loose stone.
- Collectibles are a great gift idea for your 10th Anniversary. Maybe she collects figurines, or maybe you can start her collection now. There are beautiful choices that suit every taste and budget. Precious Moments offers a sweet collection. Willow Tree® by Susan Lordi is a modern classic. Royal Doulton is a timeless choice, for a splurge. Your gift doesn’t have to be specifically made for an anniversary. Our favorite Royal Doulton piece is Jack the Bulldog, a nod to the James Bond movie, Spectre. What speaks to you? Give a gift that tells your story together.
Acts of Service and Giving are a Modern Option
- What is your legacy together? Charitable gifts are a unique choice for special occasions. Consider sponsoring a child in a Third World Country on her behalf. There are many gift suggestions that can give her joy, knowing she has helped make someone’s life better. From providing animals for food and self sufficiency in one family, to providing clean water for an entire community, there is always something you can do on her behalf. Micro loans are a gift that keeps on giving. On her behalf, you can help an entrepreneurial person in an underprivileged country to start a business with a small loan. When they have paid it back, she can re-loan the money. For as little as $25 continually recycled through the program, she can help hundreds of people over the years. Isn’t she amazing?
- Try something out of this world. How about gifting a 1-way ticket on a spaceship to Mars with Justin Bieber? Actually, that might send the wrong message. On the other hand, if your wife is more into science than stuff, try this nifty idea. You can name a star after her. Or how about an entire planetary system? I know. That sounds silly. It makes more sense, though, when you realize that you can name the heavenly body of your choice after your beautiful wife. Make her a star, for real. The money goes toward scientific research.
As you can see, your choices for a great 10th anniversary gift idea are limitless. Whatever her interests, or whatever your budget, there is something special that you can give to remind her of your love for her.
What are your 10th anniversary gift ideas? We would love to hear from you. Comment below to tell us your story, or riff off our ideas. Did you find a great collectible? Maybe you found a wonderful organization that offers a unique experience or gift that she can be proud to have given? Off course, it’s okay to love the bling, too. In fact, we heartily (no pun intended) encourage a healthy love of bling! Jewelry is a traditional heirloom gift that will make her feel as amazingly special as you know she is.
Whatever your gift, make it yours, now, together, forever.
Tekla Luchenski - Staff Writer
The Great Palladium Sale! Palladium Rings, Bridal Sets, Earrings, and More at Best Prices Ever Offered By Our Company! 0
This naturally white metal has been called the perfect combination of price, beauty, and durability. Palladium is now the 4th most popular precious metal manufactured and sold for retail jewelry, gaining popularity at the expense of metals with whom it shares a number of physical and visible similarities such as white gold and platinum.
Did you know that in the United States, natural palladium metal comes from very few sources, chief among them the Stillwater Mining Company located in Montana (read more about them at Palladium.com), with whom our company maintains a good relationship.
And we’re celebrating this great relationship with our very first Palladium Sale!
You may have read about our company’s recent efforts to serve the requests of our many customers that have requested greater catalog offerings with palladium jewelry set with cubic zirconia, and so just this year we have begun selling as many of our stylish cubic zirconia jewelry designs as possible—rings, bridal sets, earrings and more set with the highest quality 5A cubic zirconia commercially available— in the palladium metal. We are not yet done, of course, but we continue to make progress to serve this desire of our customers so check back often and keep up with our progress by checking out new palladium pieces here: palladium cubic zirconia jewelry.
What’s that mean to you, today?
Well, we invite you to review the palladium sale we are currently having on some of our most sought-after jewelry items that can now be made manufactured with palladium.
Check out our palladium jewelry sale here:
Palladium jewelry on sale <--- Engagement Rings, Eternity Bands, Anniversary Bands, Promise Rings, Earrings, Bridal Sets, and more!
(Over 72 pieces made in the U.S. by our talented team to choose from)
Vice President, CubicZirconia.com