We get a few customers per month asking us to make a cubic zirconia copy of their expensive diamond engagement ring or earrings. Sometimes in a conversation, stuff comes out: they're pawning or selling their diamond jewelry because of money and/or relationship problems. Death, divorce, debt...these things do happen unfortunately. Ugghh...pawnshops!?!?
That's why we understand why people were asking us for years if we could help them unload an unwanted diamond, or due to some unpleasant circumstance help them with their need to part with a cherished piece of jewelry in exchange for cash.
For most of our company’s history, however-- as a diamond alternative retail jeweler-- we didn’t have a way to help these customers. Now we do.
Allow us to explain the CubicZirconia.com “Diamond Downgrade” program.
Our relationship diamond buyer will offer you cash for your diamond(s) greater than 0.30 carat, and we can set a flawless 5A cubic zirconia in your jewelry piece that’s so perfect no one will know the difference!
So instead of pawning your jewelry and maybe losing it forever...you sell the diamond only and KEEP the jewelry you're sentimental about. Keep wearing the ring/earrings/pendant with our 5A diamond-quality cubic zirconia stone instead and no one will know because it looks the exact same it did before.
CubicZirconia.com's "Diamond Downgrade" Service
For US$173.99 total we will:
- Pay for secure, insured courier service and shipping of your diamond jewelry via Fedex.
- Receive and inspect your jewelry.
- Safely remove the diamond(s) to be sold.
Pay for secure, insured courier service and shipping of your diamond(s) to the diamond buyer.
--> The diamond buyer uses Fedex and Brinks armored car courier services
- Help you select among available options for cubic zirconia replacement stone(s)-- while diamond buyer completes inspection to determine the sales price to offer you.
- Relay the price you can receive from the diamond buyer .
- Facilitate the sale of your diamond(s) for top after-market dollar.
--> Note: If you decide to accept the sales price, your proceeds will be issued via USPS Priority-mailed check or wire transfer within one business day direct from the diamond buyer (we will also be paid a flat referral fee at this time). If you decide not to accept the price, the diamond(s) will be returned to you.
Provide a flawless, ideal cut 5A cubic zirconia replacement stone(s)
--> The replacement cubic zirconia stone(s) we provide you will be of the same shape and closest stock-manufactured millimeter dimensions and carat weight as the diamond(s) being sold. We ask that you pay a small additional premium if you need us to custom cut a cubic zirconia stone in an “in between” non-standard size, or because your unique diamond stone is not shaped in one of the 13 cuts we manufacture cubic zirconia.
- Tighten the prongs in your jewelry setting, and replace any prongs if necessary due to wear or corrosion.
- Give your jewelry setting a "jewelry spa treatment" with thorough cleaning and polish. Here's a link to our professional jewelry spa treatment package, just so you see what's in it (but it's included in this package at no extra charge).
- Professionally hand-set your new 5A cubic zirconia replacement stone(s) in your existing jewelry setting.
- Pay for secure, insured shipment via Fedex of your cherished ring/earrings/pendant setting with new cubic zirconia replacement stone(s) back to you.
"How much cash will I get for my diamond?"
We looked into this pretty well the first time we offered this service, and we believe the relationship diamond buyer we work with offers the best prices in the after-market. In fact, we were pretty convinced when a major news organization did an independent investigation and "mystery sale" comparing this buyer with others in the market that advertise "we buy diamonds" widely.
You don't really have anything to lose since you can simply contact us now with a short description of your diamond for an honest and accurate estimate direct from the diamond buyer.
Please note that we believe your expectations will be exceeded with the price you are offered...If you have realistic expectations. For example, if you paid 10,000 bucks for a diamond, chances are that the jeweler bought it for $5000 or less to resell to you. And the price of diamonds isn’t going up, but down. Do you think the price your diamond will get today will be $10,000? It's going to be more like $3000, sorry.
That’s just one of the reasons we don’t have any love for the diamond industry. Journalists have known for decades what anyone who tries to do so finds out pretty quick: it's really hard to sell a diamond for anywhere close to what you paid for it. But with the "Diamond Downgrade" program from CubicZirconia.com, you can sell the diamond for what cash you can get (a fair offer), keep the jewelry (looking as good as new!) and maintain your dignity, too. We're happy to help.