We set aside 5% of all gross sales to support non-profit initiatives and charity projects that are near and dear to our hearts.
Some of these causes were first chosen by an employee.
Some were suggested by a customer.
We give to give, and aren't at all surprised when the universe provides so much more in return. (And don't worry...because we don't maintain an expensive brick-and-mortar retail shop, we keep our overhead low, and these gifts reduce our profit without unduly increasing your price as a customer).
Here are some causes we've proudly supported in recent months and years:
1. Royal Family Kids -- fun, free summer camps for foster children.
2. Canine Companions for Independence - providing companion animals to disadvantaged individuals with mental and/or physical limitations.
3. Clean water and sanitary bathrooms -- 0% interest loans to individuals and small businesses in Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Philippines, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Tanzania, Rwanda.
4. Artisan silver jewelers in poverty-stricken areas -- supporting local silver artisan jewelry-makers with cash and loose CZ stones at 75% off retail price (Paraguay, Uruguay)
5. Louisville Leopards -- passionate, percussion group for kids in Louisville, Kentucky to learn how to play music and gain valuable confidence.
6. Entrepreneur microfinance loans -- 0% interest microfinance loans to entrepreneurs in 32 countries of the developing world, money designed to start or grow a business.
7. Choices, LLC -- providing safe housing for addicted, abused, battered or down-on-their-luck women and families in Louisville, Kentucky.
8. Thanksgiving turkeys -- provided free of charge for poor families in New Orleans, Louisiana; Louisville, KY; and New York City.
9. Habitat for Humanity -- building homes for deserving first-time family home owners.
10. Kamanggagawa Foundation "Home for Abandoned Babies" -- Philippines orphanage and medical clinic for children without families because of abandonment, death or natural disaster.
11. Simply Smiles -- Children's home and school for disadvantaged kids without parents in Oaxaca Mexico.
12. Merida English Library -- library for natives to learn English and for English-speaking expatriates in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
13. Frazier Rehab Center Louisville -- extended out-patient care for patients following invasive surgery in Louisville, KY.
14. Ronald McDonald House of Kentuckiana -- safe, affordable temporary housing and included meals for families of children undergoing surgery, treatment or intensive hospital care in Louisville, KY.
15. NPR Radio -- non-partisan, objective news, podcasting and entertainment programs on National Public Radio.
16. Apoyo Chuburna -- Public school is not free in Mexico. Students need meals, books, uniforms, textbooks, high school exam fees and transportation. Apoyo Chuburna sponsors for children and teens of poor, fishing families to continue school in Chuburna, Yucatan, Mexico with 2000 pesos per year grades 4-6, 2700 pesos per year grades 7-9 and 3500 pesos per year grades 10-12.
17. Friends of Joshua House -- 11 acre property in Lutz, Florida, offering a family-like home and group counseling for abused, abandoned, and neglected children ages six to seventeen.
18. Redefining Refuge -- providing counseling and a safe, temporary housing environment in Tampa, Florida and a for minor-age victims of sex trafficking.
19. Progreso Yucatan Orchestra -- because of this non-profit 130 students study percussion, violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe and brass instruments in a small Yucatan Mexico fishing town where the public schools do not offer such musical learning opportunities.
20. Derby City Cut & Sew -- Public Benefit Corporation in Louisville, Kentucky providing safe space to work, fashion design materials and sewing machines to small-batch soft-goods manufacturers and fashion designers (emphasis on refugee workers)
21. Omaze -- Omaze connects world influencers with a passion to make a difference and donors that receive chances to win special, once-in-a-lifetime experiences in exchange for making a donation to the cause supported by the influencer.
22. DonorsChoose.org -- supporting teachers to provide non-government-funded items to improve the learning experience for the children in their classes.
23. Wayside Christian Mission -- homeless shelter and outreach programs for economically disadvantaged individuals in Louisville, KY.
24. Santa Claus Museum is an Indiana non-profit dedicated to answering all the letters the jolly old elf in a red suit receives from children each year. In a deal with the United States Postal Service these letters are routed from the sender to a small building staffed with volunteers in...Santa Claus, Indiana!
Have a cause you believe we should support? Get in touch!