Things to Avoid While Wearing Your Fine Cubic Zirconia Jewelry 0Follow our care and cleaning FAQ’s simple rules for proper and regular care, and avoid letting your jewelry encounter these harmful substances too much, and there’s no reason your fine cubic zirconia jewelry from CubicZirconia.com can’t last you a lifetime.
- Admin CZ
- Tags: bracelets care and cleaning cleaning cubic zirconia properties CubicZirconia.com company news CZ did you know Earrings Engagement Rings jewelry repair jewelry storage lifestyle questions married life mohs scale necklaces Palladium pendants Platinum precious metals repair ring repair Rings Rose Gold Sterling Silver White Gold Yellow Gold
Moh's scale of Hardness, and How to Protect your Jewelry from unwanted Scratches 0The Moh's Scale of Hardness ranks minerals, gemstones, metals and other materials based on what material scratches what other materials, and what materials are scratched by it in return. Basically, a material can be scratched by anything ranked above it and can scratch anything ranked below it. This is important because you're going to learn how to mostly prevent the #1 reason fine precious metal jewelry becomes damaged and doesn't last the lifetime you expect it to last!
- Master Account
- Tags: care and cleaning Competitor analysis Cubic Zirconia Cubic Zirconia Jewelry Cubic Zirconia mineral cubic zirconia properties Cubic Zirconia questions CZ CZ Jewelry Diamond vs Cubic Zirconia Engagement Rings jewelry making jewelry repair jewelry storage loose stones mohs scale Palladium Platinum precious metals Sterling Silver White Gold Yellow Gold
The 4C's of Cubic Zirconia 0Diamonds are universally measured against the “4C’s standard”: Cut, Color, Clarity and Carat Weight. All these characteristics can also be found in top-quality cubic zirconia stones, such as those manufactured for use in our CubicZirconia.com finished jewelry and sold through our website.
In this blog post, let’s discuss how these two stones compare. The more perfect the diamond, the harder a jeweler has to work to determine if it's really a diamond...or one of our cubic zirconia stones! Let's see how...
- Admin CZ
- Tags: 4Cs antique cut asscher cut birthstones Carats Clarity Color colored cubic zirconia Cubic Zirconia cubic zirconia properties Cubic Zirconia questions cushion cut Cut CZ Diamond vs Cubic Zirconia Diamond-CZ challenge emerald cut heart cut Making Cubic Zirconia marquise cut octagon cut oval cut pear cut princess cut saving money square cut triangle cut trillion cut
Custom Shape / Custom Size Cubic Zirconia Stones (Custom Cutting Available) 0Yes, we can custom cut cubic zirconia stones for you in practically any shape or size you want. It will take a bit more time and cost more than a popular shape and size combination such as those we always have in stock ready to ship within 48 hours...but it is possible. Check out this blog post for details and instructions to purchase this custom stone cutting service. Buy one or wholesale lots in bulk with volume discount.
- Master Account
- Tags: antique cut asscher cut Competitor analysis cubic zirconia properties Cubic Zirconia Size Chart CubicZirconia.com company news custom stones emerald cut heart cut jewelry making loose stones Making Cubic Zirconia marquise cut melee accent stones octagon cut oval cut pear cut princess cut radiant cut services triangle cut trillion cut wholesale cubic zirconia wholesale jewelry
Most popular round-cut 1.00 mm melee accent stone (bulk discounts) 0
Did you know the most popular size of accent “melee” stone in jewelry is the 1.00 millimeter (1mm) diameter round cut stone? It’s probably not because there’s anything inherently better about the size, but that size side stone just seems to have evolved as a standard in the jewelry industry over hundreds of years. Read more about this interesting phenomenon here.
Oh yes, and if you happen to be part of a college dance team with a design in your mind for making a blingin’ faux-diamond bikini uniform for the squad, you can buy our flawless, AAAAA diamond-quality 1mm round cut melee accent stones at wholesale prices of less than a penny a piece (without being a credentialed jeweler). Please send pictures, when finished. In all seriousness, anyone can buy our stones at wholesale prices without being in the jewelry business— not just dance team members.
Certified cubic zirconia: IGI - IFI - GIA - AGS - EGL - CIA (or whatever stone certification)...we’re not interested 0
We’ve seen what an IGI Certification looks like and, frankly, we believe it’s just a useless piece of paper designed to jack up the price of cubic zirconia stones being sold by other companies than ours.
As a customer, what information does an IGI Certification give you apart from the carat weight? You should have been told the specific dimensions of your stone in the first place before purchase-- so you should already know this information. You certainly know that when you buy our stones. Does this report tell you the cutting quality? Does it confirm the color or clarity? It doesn't even confirm the claim to be a certain quality.
So if you're asking why we don't provide this service, it doesn't seem like a necessary cost to pass along with each purchase. In fact, it’s not just IGI certification that deserves our disdain. IFI- GIA - AGS - EGL - CIA or whatever, we’re not interested.
We do not acknowledge any independent, industry-wide and international authority on the making of diamond-quality synthetic cubic zirconia stones. That means anyone out there claiming to make a better stone or a "certified" stone may as well be making that claim up from thin air as far as we are concerned. Certification schmertification. That whole industry gets nothing but our disdain.
The diamond industry, as a cartel, has an incentive in banding together to adopt generalized rules for grading of stones. The makers of cubic zirconia are much more informal, and not at all working together. Therefore, what other makers of cubic zirconia call certain grades of CZ, we can't control. We also can't help it if our competitors want to manufacture inferior stones to ours and call them "6A (AAAAAA)" when we call our best CZ stone "5A (AAAAA)" (see our FAQ's “What does “6A quality” or “6A quality” Cubic Zirconia mean?” question for details).
Our expertise is all the assurance our customers need, and as for CubicZirconia.com, we make and sell 2 grades of cubic zirconia:
- 5A/AAAAA cubic zirconia (the best: sold wholesale, sold retail, and used in our retail finished jewelry product line; see our FAQ question “What does “5A quality” or “AAAAA quality” Cubic Zirconia mean?” for more details) .
- 3A/AAA cubic zirconia (lesser grade: sold wholesale in bulk lots only and most often for use in cheaper ‘costume jewelry’; see our FAQ question “What does “3A quality” or “AAA quality” Cubic Zirconia mean?” for more details).
Our process to make 5A/AAAAA cubic zirconia is simply to use the absolute best formula for making cubic zirconia that we know of, consistent for producing perfect color and perfect clarity every time (see our FAQ question “How is cubic zirconia made?” for more details).
The 5A/AAAAA stones that make it through our quality control process are perfect, with zero internal inclusions or blemishes. The same stones we sell as 5A/AAAAA at retail prices on our website, are the same stones we use in our finished jewelry. To our knowledge, no better cubic zirconia stones exist.
We then carefully cut these stones to ideal diamond-weight carat proportions (see our FAQ answer to “How do your cubic zirconia stones compare with natural diamonds as far as cuts, shapes, facets, measurements are concerned?” question for full understanding of what that means).
Lastly, we get rid of any stones that aren't flawless, or have any issues with creation or cutting (these are set aside as 3A/AAA stones to be sold only in wholesale lots to other jewelers that want the absolute cheapest CZ stones they can get because they focus on making cheaper ‘costume jewelry’).
For these reasons, we can assure you that the 5A cubic zirconia stone(s) you're buying loose for setting yourself or already in our finished high-quality cubic zirconia jewelry is the very best cubic zirconia we at CubicZirconia.com can make, or have ever seen made.
With the longevity of our site (online since 1999), and the reputation we enjoy from having served thousands of satisfied customers...we think that ought to seal the deal! If need be, we’ll even send you a sample pack of stones at our cost and risk to 100% convince you. Just reference this answer and ask us!Take a look and you’ll agree: certification schmertification.